Happy Birthday Chaudhary Charan Singh ji, Some interesting facts
Happy Birthday Chaudhary Charan Singh ji: Chaudhary Charan Singh was the fifth Prime Minister of India, born on 23 December 1902 in the village of Noorpur in Uttar Pradesh. He was a lawyer by profession, having received his law degree from Agra University. He rose to prominence in the Indian independence struggle, representing the interests of farmers and the rural population in India.
He implemented a series of economic and social reforms that highlighted the interests of the farmer and rural communities of India. He introduced a uniform civil code that was aimed at bringing about social justice, equality, and harmony among the people. He also made agricultural reforms, improving the infrastructure and much-needed capital for farmers, land reforms, and also the decentralization of power. During his tenure, he also tried to revive the cottage industry, rural health and education, and environmental protection which led to improved livelihood of the farmers.
In recognition of his contribution to India, Charan Singh was awarded the Padma Vibhushan, posthumously in 1987. He is remembered in India as the ‘Champion of the Poor’ and will never be forgotten for his struggle to protect the rights of the rural poor farmers and bring stability in India’s economic climate.
Some Interesting Facts about Chaudhary Charan Singh ji
- Chaudhary Charan Singh was the fifth Prime Minister of India, serving from 1979 to 1980.
- He was born on December 23, 1902 in a small village in Uttar Pradesh, India.
- Chaudhary Charan Singh was the first Prime Minister of India who was not a member of the Indian National Congress party.
- He was an advocate for the rights of farmers and worked to implement policies that would benefit them, earning him the nickname “Chaudhary,” which means “landlord” in Hindi.
- Chaudhary Charan Singh was a member of the Lok Sabha, the lower house of India’s parliament, for five consecutive terms, from 1952 to 1977.
- He served as the Deputy Prime Minister of India under Prime Minister Morarji Desai from 1977 to 1979.
- Chaudhary Charan Singh was a member of the Bharatiya Kranti Dal, a political party that he helped to found in 1952.
- He was a strong advocate for the rights of India’s Dalits, also known as “untouchables,” and worked to improve their social and economic status.
- Chaudhary Charan Singh was known for his honesty and simplicity, and was widely respected for his integrity.
- He died on May 29, 1987 at the age of 84.
For Free MCQ on Famous Celebreties Download Edunovation App
वह व्यक्ति जो 23 दिनों के लिए प्रधान मंत्री था और भारत के किसानों का चैंपियन था